Latest Rental Housing COVID-19 Updates
Looking for the information concerning COVID-19 and the rental housing industry?
Thank you for being a part of TNAA!
April 13, 2021
- The CDC releases an updated FAQ regarding the extension of the Eviction Moratorium. Download the FAQ PDF.
March 29, 2021
- Click here to read the NAA and NMHC Statement on the Extension of the CDC Eviction Moratorium.
March 24, 2021
- CDC extends the eviction moratorium through June 30, 2021. Learn more here.
March 15, 2021
- Per the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee: "The CDC residential eviction moratorium exceeds the statutory authority of the Public Health Act, 42 U.S.C. § 264 and is unenforceable in the Western District of Tennessee." Download the PDF.
January 21, 2021
- Click here to read the NAA and NMHC Statement on President Biden's Eviction Moratorium Extension.
January 6, 2021
- Click here for Rental Assistance Information.
October 30, 2020
- Governor Bill Lee recently announced that he has extended the state of emergency, and various provisions of previous executive orders, through December 27, 2020. Health departments in Davidson, Hamilton, Knox, Madison, Shelby, and Sullivan counties will retain the discretion to implement local restrictions, including mask requirements and capacity limitations. Learn more here.
August 13, 2020
- According to NMHC’s rent payment tracker, 86.9% of Apartment Households Paid Rent as of August 13th – compared to 87.6% that paid by July 13th.
June 30, 2020
- NAA Industry Insider - Rental Housing Relief Bill Passes House
June 4, 2020
- Nashville's Mayor Cooper says, "We will continue Phase Two of the Roadmap for Reopening Nashville." Read the official press release.
May 20, 2020
- This interactive map UPDATES DAILY and shows county by county and state by state with classification on the stage of the virus. John Hopkins University is creating the data. View the map here.
May 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Rent Relief Sought from Congress – Two bills aimed at helping landlords and renters impacted by COVID-19-related financial issues have been proposed by House and Senate.
April 23, 2020
- CDC has released guidance on COVID-19 and water transmission, including information on recreational water transmission.
April 20, 2020
April 10, 2020
- NAA Releases Resources Explaining the Breakdown of $1 of Rent
- Apartment Industry Urges Inclusion in Paycheck Protection Program
April 9, 2020
- Now Available: Paycheck Protection Program Webinar
April 8, 2020
- Announcing Performing Multifamily Maintenance During COVID-19 - A conversation with longtime multifamily industry veteran and national educator, Paul Rhodes, the National Maintenance and Safety Instructor with the National Apartment Association... discussing how to continue to successfully perform maintenance at multifamily properties during the pandemic crisis. Listen now!
April 8, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 1, 2020
March 31, 2020
March 28, 2020
March 26, 2020
March 25, 2020
March 24, 2020
March 23, 2020
March 20, 2020
- Call to Action: NAA is asking Congress to include apartments in any relief package, including relief for residents and mortgage forbearance for owners/operators. They are asking for your help.
March 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 16, 2020
- TNAA announces the cancellation of Day on the Hill 2020
March 16, 2020