Information about rental relief during COVID-19 as well as links regarding safety and best practices.
Important Message from the National Apartment Association
"All of us at the National Apartment Association (NAA) hope you and your families are staying safe and well. COVID-19 continues to be an enormous challenge for our nation and our industry. Congress needs to pass relief for the rental housing industry and fix a number of problems in the CARES Act.
Contact your member of Congress and demand Congress protect apartment communities! Congress needs to:
- Create an emergency rental assistance program for those who are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and struggle to cover housing expenses.
- Better tailor the CARES Act eviction moratorium provision and safeguard owners’ ability to effectively manage their communities.
- Allow more housing providers access to mortgage forbearance and ensure fairness and flexibility in its terms.
- Provide financial assistance for property-level financial obligations such as property taxes or insurance payments and extend credit to multifamily mortgage servicers.
- Expand the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program to include all multifamily businesses.
A recently introduced bill would suspend rent payments and create a federal fund to allow PHAs and nonprofits to purchase private rental properties. This is NOT what we need! Send your message to Congress today! There are tens of thousands of rental housing owners, operators and property management firms. NAA is undertaking this effort as part of a broad coalition of rental housing providers representing the entire industry. If all of us make our voices heard, we can secure the relief that is desperately needed."
CLICK HERE FOR COVID-19 MULTIFAMILY NEWS
Rent Relief Resources by County
- Davidson County:
- Knox County:
- Rutherford County:
- Shelby County/Memphis:
- All other counties in TN:
COVID-19 Resource Links from Multifamily Industry Partners
- National Apartment Association (NAA) Coronavirus Resources and Guidance
- NAA COVID-19 Courseware
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Coronavirus Resources for Apartment Firms
- HUD Multifamily Housing COVID-19 Guidance
COVID-19 Health and Safety Resources
Six Tennessee counties operate health departments that are independent of the Tennessee Department of Health. These counties are Davidson (Nashville), Hamilton (Chattanooga), Knox (Knoxville), Madison (Jackson), Shelby (Memphis) and Sullivan (Blountville). Click on the county below to be redirected to its health department for more information about that county's COVID-19 status.